SU Podium Forum
Register  |   |   |  Calendar  |  Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
scarella

Registered:
Posts: 5
Reply with quote  #1 
I think this series of images explain themselves, 
the rectangular flat objects strewn about this drawing are modeled as LEMs in su podium, is it typical that for some reason they do not seem to emit light if they are below the view horizon?
 
eg. the undercounter lights are identical to the other objects, but no light is being generated by them, UNLESS they are viewed from below.        .from_below.png normal_horizon.png 

bigstick

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 10,225
Reply with quote  #2 
Nope, this works just fine, see below:

ANDO_Azuma1 2016-10-11 20265700000.png  ANDO_Azuma1 2016-10-11 20274600000.png 

This is the same scene with an LEM in the centre. In the lower image, I have made the LEM invisible. You can see that the colour changes, because it's 100% transparent (so this removes the colour) but that the pool of light is still clearly visible.


__________________

That which does not kill us makes us stronger
-Friedrich Nietzsche

davew

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 1,572
Reply with quote  #3 
Out of camera view LEM lighting was a problem in earlier versions of V2.5.  But I see you have V2.5.506 so that should be good.
You might see if the LEM material is on the back side of the out of view face.  That might be an issue. You might paint the LEM on both sides of the face.
scarella

Registered:
Posts: 5
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by davew
Out of camera view LEM lighting was a problem in earlier versions of V2.5.  But I see you have V2.5.506 so that should be good.
You might see if the LEM material is on the back side of the out of view face.  That might be an issue. You might paint the LEM on both sides of the face.



Painting on both sides of the face solved the problem!!!

sandro


Sandro A. Carella, AIA
 
Lecturer in Interior Design
New England School of Art and Design, Suffolk University
75 Arlington Street
Boston, MA 02116
 
scarella@suffolk.edu
sandro@post.harvard.edu
scarella

Registered:
Posts: 5
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick
Nope, this works just fine, see below:

ANDO_Azuma1 2016-10-11 20265700000.png  ANDO_Azuma1 2016-10-11 20274600000.png 

This is the same scene with an LEM in the centre. In the lower image, I have made the LEM invisible. You can see that the colour changes, because it's 100% transparent (so this removes the colour) but that the pool of light is still clearly visible.
scarella

Registered:
Posts: 5
Reply with quote  #6 
How do you make the LEM invisible?

I have several arrays of ambient light, eg. 2'x2' LEMs that I would rather not show as squares.

I tried making the material 100% transparent but that didn't work.

Is there some way to hide LEMs that I am unaware of?

thanks for your help, friend, 

sandro carella, architect/lecturer
bigstick

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 10,225
Reply with quote  #7 
Make the LEM 100% transparent and check the Hidden box.
__________________

That which does not kill us makes us stronger
-Friedrich Nietzsche

scarella

Registered:
Posts: 5
Reply with quote  #8 
thank you!
sc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick
Make the LEM 100% transparent and check the Hidden box.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.