SU Podium Forum
Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
chrispph

Avatar / Picture

Podium Render Master
Registered:
Posts: 232
Reply with quote  #1 
hi guys! long time no post. here is a project i did last year. i was asked to design an interior for a store that sell desserts that are rice based (we call it "kakanin" here in the philippines). i'll show the 3D design and during the construction to the finished work.

2018 samala 01 mark cc.jpg  2018 samala 02 mark cc.jpg 
Image6g.jpg 

Image1f.jpg


2018 samala actual to 3d.jpg
   
and the finished construction...

50818558_10211120056757846_770384719060664320_n.jpg 

2018 samala 3d to actual.jpg

the design wasn't exactly copied to the finished work (the owner changed his mind on some things such as the decorative tiles, display cabinet and lighting fixtures). but i'm very happy when i saw the outome. [smile]

comments and suggestions are welcome. [smile]

Thierry_M

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 48
Reply with quote  #2 
Great presentation. Very good work. I prefer the original design. Too bad the client changed his mind on some very cool design parts.
__________________
 By trying to reinvent the wheel we are drifting away from what truly matters.
chrispph

Avatar / Picture

Podium Render Master
Registered:
Posts: 232
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thierry_M
Great presentation. Very good work. I prefer the original design. Too bad the client changed his mind on some very cool design parts.


thanks @Thierry_M. I know, would have been cool to see everything replicated as is on the design. But still, I'm happy with the result. [smile]
bigstick

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 10,921
Reply with quote  #4 
This is excellent work! I really like the original design. It's bright, modern and funky with great attention to detail!

I love your montages between the design and finished interior, I don't think I have seen that done before in that way, it's really clever.

It does show how your client has been a cheapskate and made some very questionable design changes. The biggest one for me is the colour of the walls behind the counter.

The dark blackboard type area on your design really helped to separate the areas behind and in front of the counter visually. It made the public sales space so much better. 

He's also changed the yellow colour slightly. Your more intense version is so much better.

He's kind of ruined it, but I'm so glad he chose you to design it instead of someone else 😉

__________________

That which does not kill us makes us stronger
-Friedrich Nietzsche

TommyTheLoot

Registered:
Posts: 2
Reply with quote  #5 
Very nice work. 2 thumbs up from me! I agree with the previous poster regarding your combination of your renders & the pictures during/after construction. They really show off your design intent well.
__________________
Just happy to be on the team!
chrispph

Avatar / Picture

Podium Render Master
Registered:
Posts: 232
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick
This is excellent work! I really like the original design. It's bright, modern and funky with great attention to detail!

I love your montages between the design and finished interior, I don't think I have seen that done before in that way, it's really clever.

It does show how your client has been a cheapskate and made some very questionable design changes. The biggest one for me is the colour of the walls behind the counter.

The dark blackboard type area on your design really helped to separate the areas behind and in front of the counter visually. It made the public sales space so much better. 

He's also changed the yellow colour slightly. Your more intense version is so much better.

He's kind of ruined it, but I'm so glad he chose you to design it instead of someone else 😉


thanks Jim, and I'm glad you liked it as well. [smile]
chrispph

Avatar / Picture

Podium Render Master
Registered:
Posts: 232
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheLoot
Very nice work. 2 thumbs up from me! I agree with the previous poster regarding your combination of your renders & the pictures during/after construction. They really show off your design intent well.


thank you @TommyTheLoot! [smile] hope to see some of your work soon.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.